LOAN PRODUCTS
Agricultural Loan
Group Loan
Commercial Loan
Asset Financing Loan
Teachers' SACCO Fund

MSC extends funds to support activities along the agricultural value chain such as productivity enhancement, asset acquisition, bulk purchasing, collective marketing and construction of farm housing. Funding is also extended to support environmental and clean energy products.


Under the Group Loan, MSC provides credit to groups through microfinance intermediaries/ partner organizations and where necessary directly to registered groups. The intermediaries may be SACCOs, Microfinance Institutions and NGOs.


MSC funds financial institutions for on lending to members and SMEs engaged in trade, small scale manufacturing, home improvement and service industry.


This product is extended to clients who require assets especially for value addition and production enhancement. Funding is provided for 80% of the asset cost. The client is expected to meet the remaining 20% of the cost.


MSC funds registered Teachers' SACCOS for on-lending to their members.

INTEREST RATES
Target Client
Activities funded
Interest Per Annum

SACCOs / MFIs


Agricultural production
Agricultural Marketing
Trade & Commercial







Cooperative Unions


Agricultural production & Value Addition
Agricultural marketing
Acquisition of Value Addition machinery
Commercial activities








SMEs


Agricultural production & Value Addition
Environmental Conservation
Essential Services - Education, Health, Tourism and Solar energy
Commercial activities








Groups / VSLAs


Agricultural production & Value Addition
Environmental Conservation
Essential Services - Education, Health, Tourism and Solar energy
Commercial activities







REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
Standard Requirements for SACCOs, MFIs, Cooperative Unions and SMEs
Standard Requirements for Groups / VSLAs

Certified copy of Certificate of Registration or Incorporation

Certified copy of the Memorandum and Articles of Association, By-laws, Trust Deeds etc

Certified copy of annual returns filed to the registering authority/body e.g. Registrar of Cooperatives for SACCOs and Registrar of Companies for SMEs

Audited accounts for at least 1 year by a certified auditing firm

Resolution to borrow

Valid operating license

Tax clearance certificate (only for SMEs)

Credit Reference Bureaus reports (only for SMEs)

Minimum of one year in operations

Clearly defined and accessible location of operation

Clear ownership & governance structure

At least two staff with basic knowledge and skills in accounting and microfinance operations or related field


Certified copy of Certificate of Registration from the Community Development department at the District.

Certified copy of the Constitution or Bylaws

Resolution to borrow from MSC as stipulated in the group minutes

Contacts of the executive committee plus a photocopy of their IDs

Recommendation letter from the area LC1 Chairperson

Recommendation letter from the NGO/CDO

Clearly defined meeting place

Basic records

32 Nakasero Road Nakasero Kampala   Box 33711 Kampala Uganda   Toll Free 0800 201010  0800 120024   +256414233665 +256312263779 +256758551550   msc@msc.co.ug   © 2018 The Microfinance Support Centre Limited   All Rights Reserved